How Mondato collects information about its Users
When a User visits the Website, Mondato collects the person’s IP address and standard web browser information, such as browser type and the pages accessed on the Website, for statistical and analytical purposes. This information is collected on an aggregate and non-individual specific basis. This information may also be used in order for Mondato and/or third party service providers to improve the User experience, such as by displaying targeted on-line advertisements on the Website, and for fraud prevention purposes.
When a User uses the Mondato Service, Mondato collects information about the data inputted by the User in his/her search requests, including the value of the potential transfer, origin countries, target countries, what is being sent, sending methods and payment methods indicated in a User’s search requests, for internal use and, if the User decides to click through to a third party service provider, to transmit this data and the User’s IP address to this third party service provider to facilitate the subsequent transaction.
How Mondato collects information about its Newsletter Users, Alert Users, Purchasers and Interactive Area Users
If a User registers as a Newsletter User, Mondato only collects the User’s name, the User’s email address, the User’s Newsletter interest preferences, the User’s chosen Username and password, the company for which he/she is currently employed and the User’s company position from the User.
If a Users sends copies of the Newsletter to a third party, Mondato only collects the User’s name and e-mail address and the destined recipient’s e-mail address from the User.
If a User registers as an Alert User, Mondato only collects the User’s name, email address and transaction corridor preferences from the User.
If a User purchases a Report, Mondato only collects the User’s name, postal address and email address from the User.
If a User posts and/ or contributes Contents to the Interactive Area of the Website, Mondato collects only the said Contents from the User.
When the User accesses the Website, Mondato, or companies hired by Mondato to track how the Website is used, may place small data files called "cookies" on the User’s computer.
Mondato sends a "session cookie" to the Newsletter User’s computer’s hard drive when the Newsletter User logs in, giving the Newsletter User a unique identifier. This type of cookie aids Mondato to recognize a Newsletter User in order to allow the Newsletter User access to the archived Newsletters. Once the Newsletter User logs out, is inactive for more than 30 minutes or closes his/her browser, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect.
Mondato encodes its cookies so that only Mondato can interpret the information stored in them. A Newsletter User is free to decline cookies if his/her browser permits, but doing so may interfere with use of the Website.
How Mondato protects and stores Information
Throughout this policy, the term "Information" is used to describe non-public information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. Information does not include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
Mondato stores and processes Information on its servers in the United States and Mondato protects it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable legislative and regulatory standards. Mondato uses computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption and authorizes access to Information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
Mondato uses up-to-date technologies and maintains rigorous security standards and procedures with a view to preventing unauthorised access to all Information. However messages and information passing over the Internet may not be secure and can be intercepted by third parties or incorrectly delivered. The confidentiality of such communications cannot, therefore, be guaranteed and a User should not divulge personal information over the Internet unless he/she is using a secure or encrypted communications technology.
How Mondato uses the Information collected
Mondato collects Information to provide the User with a secure, seamless and simple user experience and to comply with all legal regulations. All Information will be treated by Mondato with the utmost confidentiality. Mondato may, in particular, use Information to:
· enable the User to access and use the Mondato Service, the Alerts and/or Newsletter (both current and archived articles and additional materials);
· enable the User to send copies of the Newsletter or articles therein to third parties;
· provide the User with a Mondato Report if purchased;
· process the User’s search requests;
· facilitate the subsequent third party transactions if the User decides to click through to a third party service provider;
· resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
· customize, measure, and improve the content and layout of the Website, including the display of customized, targeted marketing and promotional offers on the Website;
· customize, measure, and improve the Mondato Service, the Newsletter, the Mondato Reports and the Alerts, including the display of customized, targeted marketing and promotional offers in the Alerts and/or Newsletter where the User has consented to the use of Information for these purposes;
· send the User targeted marketing and promotional offers where the User has consented to the use of Information for these purposes;
· send Newsletter Users information in regards to matters that are relevant to them as Newsletter Users (such as service and Newsletter update notices);
· compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
How Mondato shares Information with other parties
Mondato may share Information with:
- Members of the Mondato corporate family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, provide joint service offerings and for other business purposes. However, these corporate affiliates will not use this Information to market their services unless approved by the User.
- Financial institutions that Mondato partners with to jointly create and offer products and/or services. These financial institutions will not use this Information to market these products and/or services unless approved by the User.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when
o Mondato is compelled to do so by a subpoena, a court order or a similar legal procedure;
o Mondato is required to do so to comply with the law
- Other third parties with the User’s consent.
Mondato will not sell or rent any of a User’s Information to third parties in the normal course of doing business and only shares Information with third parties as described in this policy.
Accessing or changing Information
A User has the right to obtain a copy of all Information relating to him/her held by Mondato (for which Mondato may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccurate information rectified or erased, including any Contents that that he/she has posted or contributed to the Interactive Areas.Users also to have the right to have personal data taken off a direct marketing or direct mailing list.
A User wishing to make such a request should follow the following procedure:
· Apply in writing to Customer Service, Mondato.
· Users should endeavor to give as much detail as possible in their correspondence which will help to identify them (e.g. name, e-mail address) and locate all the information that Mondato may hold.
Interactive Area Users can, in addition, at any time request that their contributions to the Contents of the Interactive Areas be deleted by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If Newsletter Users wish to unsubscribe from the Newsletter, they may do so by clicking on the “unsubscribe” hyperlink found on the bottom of each Newsletter and following the procedure indicated, in which case Mondato will remove the Newsletter User’s email address from its Newsletter database within 48 hours upon receipt of such notice from the Newsletter User. If Newsletter Users wish to close their account which provides access to archived Newsletters and additional materials, they may send an e-mail to email@example.com, in which case Mondato will close the Newsletter User’s account within 5 days upon receipt of such e-mail from the Newsletter User.
If Alert Users wish to unsubscribe from /or modify the Alerts they receive, they may do so by clicking on the “unsubscribe” and/or “manage your alerts” hyperlinks found on the bottom of each Alert and following the procedure indicated, in which case Mondato will modify the Alerts received and/or remove the Alert User’s email address from its Alert database within 48 hours upon receipt of such notice from the Alert User.
Contacting Mondato about data privacy questions